Author recognition: This recipe is originally from Maia Dyke’s Aunt Regina.
1 carton sour-light cream
400g self-raising flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
2 tablespoons oil
2 rashers bacon
1 small onion
2 hard-boiled eggs
A little dill
1 tablespoon butter
- Mix pastry ingredients, kneading butter through.
- Put in fridge to cool.
- Chop ham, bacon and onion.
- Fry ham, bacon and onion for only a few minutes.
- Place filling in a bowl to cool.
- Add chopped, hard-boiled egg.
- Roll out dough and cut round circles of dough using a glass.
- Place filling onto pastry circles and press pastry into a symmetrical shape with points at either end (the fold should be underneath).
- Brush with milk.
- Place in oven at 350¡F / 150¡C until light brown.